July 21st & 26th, 2014
ATTENTION: All First Responders
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR A HAZMAT INCIDENT?
- Based on commodity flow studies and recent incidents involving pipeline fires, there is a chance that you may be dispatched to a pipeline incident.
- Natural Gas plumes are unpredictable and present an extremely high hazard.
- Responders often start out at the local level and then assist industry responders.
- Local resource utilization depends on several factors and requires coordination with outside experts.
- Pipeline incidents involve traditional initial response methods that often need outside responders (pipeline company) to demobilize.
- Many responses can take from a few hours to a day.
- Property damage and injuries can be extensive if ignition occurs.
Richland County LEPC, in conjunction with Crawford, Iowa and Vernon County Emergency Management, is offering a FREE workshop on Pipeline HazMat Initial Incident Response.
View the attachment for details on class times.