Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to think about the following situations and plan just in case. Consider the following questions when making a plan:
- How will my family/household get emergency alerts and warnings?
- How will my family/household get to safe locations for relevant emergencies?
- How will my family/household get in touch if cell phone, internet, or landline doesn’t work?
- How will I let loved ones know I am safe?
- How will family/household get to a meeting place after the emergency?
Every household’s emergency preparations should include an emergency plan. The following Household Emergency Plan provides a format and suggestions for information and procedures to include in a household-specific plan.
Remember: Be prepared, not scared!