We are the Corporation for National and Community Service, a federal agency that helps more than 5 million Americans improve the lives of their fellow citizens through service. Working hand in hand with local partners, we tap the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation.
We invest in thousands of nonprofit and faith-based groups that are making a difference across the country. We are AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, the Social Innovation Fund, the Volunteer Generation Fund, and more. We serve, we build, and we make an impact that changes lives and communities.
We Build Capacity
Now more than ever, it’s important to make every dollar count. National service is a cost-effective solution that taps the power of citizens to get things done. We multiply the impact of our investment by generating hundreds of millions of non-federal dollars, mobilizing millions of additional volunteers, and operating with a high degree of accountability and efficiency:
- Our 80,000 AmeriCorps members mobilize more than 4 million volunteers for the organizations they serve, increasing their reach and impact.
- Our Senior Corps programs tap the skills and experience of more than 360,000 older Americans to meet pressing community needs.
- Our Social Innovation Fund generates substantial private sector support to help grow evidence-based programs that improve the lives and build the economic independence of low-income individuals.
- Our Volunteer Generation Fund enables nonprofits to expand their impact by investing in practices that increase volunteer retention and recruitment.
- We provide vital leadership, training, coordination, and resources to help make the nonprofit sector more effective.
- We are creating the next generation of leaders and public servants through the experience our members gain in programs such as FEMA Corps, AmeriCorps NCCC, and School Turnaround AmeriCorps.
Read More at http://www.nationalservice.gov/about